I didn’t plan on becoming a hypnotherapist. In fact, for nearly 20 years, my career had been in turnaround management: helping troubled companies and assisting business start-ups. I was very happy in the corporate world.
Then in early 1999, out of the clear blue, I had an overwhelming internal calling to study hypnosis. (It didn’t make sense to me at that time, but thanks to a variety of interesting life experiences, I had learned to heed the inner voice.) By April 1999, I was certified in transpersonal hypnotherapy, and in January 2000 my office was opened. Two years later, I became certified as a past-life/regression therapist.
In November 2001, I again received intuitive guidance (a sudden message about a subject I had not even been considering). This time my “directive” was to establish a nonprofit association that would bring together the practitioners in complementary and alternative medicine. Thus, Mind·Body·Spirit Connected (known as MBSC) was formed as a 501(c)(3) educational nonprofit professional association.
In 2007, a desire to collaborate nationally prompted me to contact the American Holistic Medical Association (now the Academy of Integrative Health & Medicine). By early 2008 I was recruited as their Executive Director/CEO and guided them through a restructuring and turnaround. This included relocation of offices from Seattle to Cleveland; facilitating the merger of MBSC into the AHMA later that year; and putting my consulting practice on hold for two years.
In March 2010, I passed the leadership baton of AHMA to a successor, resumed seeing hypnosis clients, and began the restoration of a historic house and its grounds in Cleveland Heights.
I am blessed with a wonderful family, dear friends, and get great satisfaction from helping people resolve a wide variety of mental/emotional, physical and spiritual challenges.
Professional Affiliations and Credentials
Hypnotherapy and Regression Certification
- Certified Hypnotherapist
Eastern Institute of Hypnotherapy, Goshen, VA, 1999
- Certified Regression Therapist
The International Board for Regression Therapy, NY, 2002
- American Association of Professional Hypnotherapists (Life Member)
- National Association of Transpersonal Hypnotherapists
- The National Guild of Hypnotists
- Association for Research & Enlightenment (Life Member)
- International Association for Regression Research & Therapies (Life Member)
- Academy of Integrative Health & Medicine
Lifetime of Volunteer Service, including:
- Renaissance Unity (Fundraising, Board, Special Projects)
- MetroHealth (Patient & Family Advisor, Fundraising Event Host, Special Projects)
- Integrative Medicine Consortium (Finance, Conference Planning, Development)
- Balanced Living Magazine (Editorial Board)
- Mind·Body·Spirit Connected (Founder, Membership, Fundraising, Programming, Special Events)
- Council of Smaller Enterprises (CEO Strategic Dialogue Roundtable Facilitator, Mentoring)
- Turnaround Management Association (Ohio: Founding President; National: Board Secretary, Membership, Chapter Presidents Council, Panelist; ACTP: Treasurer, Panelist)
- Women’s City Club (Board, Executive Women’s Network, Mentoring, Nominating, Fundraising, Projects)
- Rabbit Run Theatre (Membership, Advertising sales, Catalog/Program production)
- United Way (Account Executive, Corporate Campaign Manager)
- Lake County Center on Sexual Assault (Founding Task Force, Board VP, Fundraising & Events, Co-Grant Writer)
Awards & Recognition
- ATHENA Award Finalist
2005 Inside Business Magazine
(recognition for professional excellence, community service, and assisting women in their attainment of professional excellence)
- Member of the Year
2001/02 Cleveland Women’s City Club
- Outstanding Individual Contribution to the Industry
1992 Turnaround Management Association
- Account Executive of the Year
1987 United Way
- Marketing Person of the Year
1982 Avery Dennison
- Most Highly Motivated
Perry High School